Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Pontiac Mechanic
Experience:  GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

How do i remove the driver door panel on my 2000 bonneville?

Customer Question

How do i remove the driver door panel on my 2000 bonneville? I one screw and all the clips. can't locate remaining screws. where did they hide them?
JA: Are you fixing your Bonneville yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I removed the cover for the door handle, the cover for the power windows, the door reflector, and the cover by the window with the speaker. found all the clips along the edge of the door. there seems to be one or two more screws I am missing.
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: I am confused, what do t he fuses have to do with removing the door panel?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Jesse Southard replied 3 months ago.

if you have the retainers all removed and the screws out you should be able to lift the panelff. it is possible that you may have to use your hand to bump the bottom of panelo get it to come up and off of door.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My question is, where did they hide the screws for the door panel. I found the clips, but cant. take the door panel off with the screws on. So, where did Pontiac hide the screws??

According to service manual there isn't a screw. only a retaining clip in armrest. I am attaching the procedure.

1. Remove the inside door handle bezel.

1. Remove the upper door trim panel.
  1. Use the J 38778 in order to release the retainer at the top of the upper door trim panel.
  2. Lift the upper door trim panel upwards in order to remove.
  3. Disconnect the wire harness to the tweeter.

1. Use the J 36796 in order to release the retainers around the outside edges of the door trim panel. Start at the bottom and work around.

1. Starting at the bottom rear of the door trim panel pull inwards, while lifting upwards in order to remove.
  2. Disconnect the door trim panel wiring harness.

1. Remove the armrest pull cup retainers from the inside of the door trim panel.
  1. Use needle nose pliers to compress the 360 clip.
  2. Pull the 360 clip out of the nylon nut on the door trim panel.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No Thank you!

Sorry if you do not like the answer. I unfortunately can only give you the proper remal steps shown and that work for your vehicle. I will opt out and maybe another expert may give you an answer that you find more satisfactory

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I understand, but you referred to the steps I know, but there are screws to be removed. I located one of them, but there seems to be others that I cannot locate. Thank you, ***** ***** but I will figure it out another way.
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 3 months ago.

Not sure what you are referring to, but "2000 Pontiac Bonnevile" does NOT have "screws" retaining the Door Panel, unless someone installed them.
The Arm Rest Retainers & the Door Panel 45degree retainers hold the Door Panel tight.
You have to release ALL the Clips along the bottom & "LIFT UP" on the Door Panel to get the 45degree retainers out of the slots
Click Attachment Below to see what I am referring to