Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles

Why doesn't my chime system work on my 2006 Pontiac g6 gt

Customer Question

Why doesn't my chime system work on my 2006 Pontiac g6 gt convertible when the door is open,or lights on,etc.I just bought the car.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

The best and easiest way to properly diagnose is with a scan tool with Body DATA. These are fairly common for the ignition switch failure which would cause the key in ignition chime not to work.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have no scan tool,I'm just the every day home mechanic,I do understand wiring and the function of a lot of things but where would you like me to start??
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I what another expect
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

OK. I am opting out so someone else can help you