GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

The computer needs reset. I changed the engine coolant

Customer Question

the computer needs reset. I changed the engine coolant temperature sensor and when I tried to start the car after I replaced that part the car bright lights would come on and the horn would beep. The start would not turn over to turn car over to start that is why I think the computer needs to be reset
JA: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 2008 grand prix
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I would like to I have disconnected the battery for 45 mins and then rehooked the battery up that is what I read on some forms on line
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No the car stalled and the error code from the OBDII scan said it was that part so that is why I replaced it.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** is no reset that would help this. Monitor battery voltage while trying to start, it should not drop below 11v. Let me know, thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok what else could it be as this is a fairly new battery
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Lets start with test and go from there...It will likely take multiple tests to try and figure out problem. Thanks.