Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles

It only shifts into overdrive every so often. its a 1989 and

Customer Question

it only shifts into overdrive every so often.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: its a 1989 and no leaks.
JA: What is the model of your '89 Pontiac?
Customer: grand am le
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and only watched you tube
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

How are you verifying that it doesnt go into overdrive? Are you confident that it is overdrive and not the torque convertor clutch?

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you haven't left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.