Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Engine light blinking

Customer Question

Engine light blinking
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thank u

A Flashing Check engine light , is A Random Multiple Misfire fault ? probably fault code P0300

can have the computer scanned & retrieve the fault codes ?

it is not advised to drive if the light is flashing it will cause internal engine damage

Most likely you need spark plugs & ignition coil

what is the mileage ?

and has it been tuned up ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No thank u

if the system showing you a phone call just ignore it .

advance auto & auto zone , will run a diagnostic scan for free and gives you a print out on the fault codes

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
its reading 0300 and 4600
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tune less than a year

was plugs & coils changed ?or just plugs ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Plugs and wires

1- first you need to check for vacuum leak , you can do that by spraying starting fluid on the intake on cold engine, if the engine surge up in rpm , then you have a leak

2- fuel pressure test : 56- to 62 psi

2008 Pontiac G6 V6-3.5L

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

Fuel Pressure (Key ON, Engine OFF).......................384-425 kPa (56-62 psi)

3- you have changed the plugs & wires but did you change the ignition coil ? i sent you a picture of it

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I replace evap vent solenoid light still on. Reading codes p0446 p011 and p0113
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No coils

well that changes things , there is fault codes before the p0300 , that we need to address before like p0011 ,p0113 ,that you just told me about

clear all these codes and see what comes back first & let me know ?

Chad

you wrote P011 did you mean p0011 ?

2008 Pontiac G6 V6-3.5L

Save Article

DTC P0011 Diagnostic Instructions * Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle prior to using this diagnostic procedure. See: Vehicle > Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview * Review Strategy Based Diagnosis for an overview of the diagnostic approach. * Diagnostic Procedure Instructions provides an overview of each diagnostic category. DTC Descriptors DTC P0011 - Camshaft Position (CMP) System Performance

DTC P0112 or P0113 Diagnostic Instructions * Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle prior to using this diagnostic procedure. See: Vehicle > Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview * Review Strategy Based Diagnosis for an overview of the diagnostic approach. * Diagnostic Procedure Instructions provides an overview of each diagnostic category. DTC Descriptors DTC P0112 - Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage DTC P0113 - Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit High Voltage

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that was one of the codes
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The flashing just started today I drove blinking about 15 minutes top

you always start withe the first codes, so p0011 & p0113

so cam sensor & also the air intake temp sensor ,code p0113 ,could cause these issue, i changed a lot of them\so replace those

and lets go from there .

also make sure the spark is good on all wires coming from coil .

make sure the air intake breather hose is all in place and no vacuum leaks visible.

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank u for your help

You welcome , change those parts and let me know ,I m online daily till 12 pm

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post will stay open for you to come back and ask me any follow up questions you may have on this issue even after you rate me

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hey Chad, good morning. I have not bee able to get my car to the shop but I did realize that I had the codes incorrect. I located my last emissions test and the codes on there read P0113 and P0446. I am afraid to drive while light blinking and misfiring so I am having a mobile mechanic come to me. Thank you so much for your help!!!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
RPM=677
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I failed because emission control system.

You Welcome

ok sounds good, check that air temp sensor p0113, that could be the problem

If you are good, Kindly Rate Me.

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

Chad Farhat