Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

FYI REF: Question Olds psd wont open question 4 yrs ago.

Customer Question

REF: Question Olds psd wont open question 4 yrs ago.
Service bulletin 04-08-64-015A does not answer this question.
When psd is closed and latched. obviously no motion for optical sensor to sense and send signals to psd module.
Pressing any open/close switch must, at some point in the "open sequence" of a closed, unlocked psd, receive the "unlatch" voltage at the "psd release actuator control terminal" on the "actuator control module".
I am unable to determine what the sequence of other required inputs (if any) to the "actuator control module" to energize the "open" latch release and start door opening, from the "only" ckt diagram I have.
Any way to determine complete sequence of
"happenings" through entire of psd open to complete "open door" latch?
I do not have DTC code reading capability.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I still need to know the answer to my question (if available) in order to trouble shoot my inoperative PSD. In order to accomplish repair, without spending $$$'s on modules or parts substitution to make the door system work properly, I
need step by step understanding of what happens in sequence, when ANY of the "open switches" are activated and door opens fully to the opened latch.
If the answer I need is not available I will have to look elsewhere.
Thanks for your help.

Here is every drop of information I have PSD diag and and how the system works. Is this what you were needing?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Moose, I already have the info you sent me in dropbox. This info is in my "ALLDATADIY" subscription for my 2004 Pontiac Montana. I also have schematic diagrams 1 and 2 of PSD (mostly block diagrams that have not helped much).
I am handicap and in wheelchair and cannot around to all the circuits in the car. Tomorrow I will have a friend to help to ttrouble shoot ckt points for continuity, shorts etc. and am sure we can find trouble going through the GM procedure and w/ plain ole electronic troubleshooting. I have not found a complete ckt diagram of the psd system, which is probably not even available, but would help to determine the path of operation.I was just trying to find some shortcuts that you GM TECH guys might have come across in your experience with this
part of the car. I expect to find an open somewhere between a common point of all closing switches and the "sliding door switch " point at terminal 10 on the ACTUATOR CONTROL MODULE.
Thank you for your attempted assistance. I am sure you are a very fine and experienced tech. Can I get a discount on my charges? BY THE WAY, I have not received any comment on my opinion of the 4 year old question and answer by JUSTANSWER. Care to comment?

I will opt out and let another help since you already have the info I provided.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was able to get problem fixed on my own. Thanks for your effort. MAX

Glad you got it resolved.