Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

The alarm is running the better down and possible electric

Customer Question

the alarm is running the better down and possible electric wiring back tail light wont come on
JA: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?
Customer: yes brand new bulbs wont come on
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 2005 Pontiac grand prix
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Prix yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm a woman I cant fix it trans is going out also can drive in low gears
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually the fault with the alarm going off can be due to an issue with one of the door latches (usually the drivers front as it is the door used the most) that is sending an incorrect signal on what position the door is in.This can set off the alarm like this here.I would have the door latch signals checked for any issues.This usually requires a fully compatible scan tool to check fault codes in all computers as well as check the door signals to locate a faulty latch needing replaced.

As for the tail light not working check the wiring at the tail lights for any loose connections or corroded or damaged wiring.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete