Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles

Ok here goes I have no power when the key is turned to the

Customer Question

ok here goes I have no power when the key is turned to the starter position no radio and no fuel pump sound can jump starter but it only cranks. help everything new
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: no windows work lights etc. it just is dead when you turn key to start
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 07 grand prix 3.8
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Prix yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes just put all new motor and trans all wires hooked up new starter bat. alternator.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: think that is it ran fine and started before the engine change. two things charging system failer battery save mode just need some help I hope
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Do I understand that you have replaced the engine? Do you have a lock on the dash?

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you havent left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.