GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2009 Pontiac g6 coupe, the odometer reads "error"

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Pontiac g6 coupe , the odometer reads "error" and the speedometer stays on "0" while driving the car still starts and run, what could it be ?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Stacy Farist replied 3 months ago.

Hi thanks for using justanswer.com. The body control module (BCM) calculates the mileage based on the vehicle speed signal information from the engine control module (ECM). The BCM sends a serial data message to the instrument panel cluster (IPC) indicating the value of the odometer. The odometer will display 'error' if an internal BCM memory failure is detected. The Body Control Module needs to be scanned for codes at this point. Are you able to do this?

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Hi do you still need help with this matter?