Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

When putting the convertible top down the one side panel

Customer Question

when putting the convertible top down the one side panel doesn't extend fully
JA: What year is your Convertible?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, nothing really. just put the top half way down and up to see if I could see anything
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can be due to a faulty micro switch/sensor for the top system that is not sending the correct signals on what position the roof is in.I have seen some of these fail before.I have also seen issues with mechanical components that do not operate properly and cause this fault here.If you have not had the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set this needs done with a compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here.This will help if any codes are set to diagnose and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete