GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Started missing from plug wire on header. Went to get new

Customer Question

Started missing from plug wire on header. Went to get new wires and after 2 miles it started missing bad & undrivable. Replaced coil ,wires,& opti. Now it will not do anything
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Owners Manuel and Google
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 97 WS 6 LT1
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced bad wire first and it still missed. Replaced opti distributor and no start. Just changed coil and no start
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Only owened a week. Has a few bolt ons. 88k miles
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Before tear down do you hv to find TDC? I was told it wasn't necessary as long as the dial was slipped into the odd clover leaf.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Since you couldn't bother answering my question in a timely manor you can refund my money. I'm no mechanic yet was able to figure it out myself considering I need this vehicle for work. THANKS FOR NOTHING
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Once again I do apologize for the delay and I am posting as soon as I saw your question myself.

Can I help with anything on this here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete