Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

I have a 1999 pontiac grand prix gtx. it has struts but I

Customer Question

I have a 1999 pontiac grand prix gtx. it has struts but I would prefer air shocks. Is there any way to raise my backend because I have 200 lb. wheelchair that needs to go on my carrier and it hits the ground with nothing on it. please help I'm disabled.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

hey how are you

yes they make a kit for air shocks that you can install and get away from standard shocks, so it can hold the weight you want .

it will require a pro to install it might need some fabrication because the kit is universal, so they have to make it fit .

ebay , summit will be good website to search for kit

or you can go with stiffer struts that are original that will hold more weight like racing struts will be stiffer

please let me know if that works for you

Thank You
Chad Farhat