Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix gxp model and my stability

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix gxp model and my stability control all of a sudden will pop on and my car will start jerking and feels like it can't go. It used to be only when leaving at a slow speed and would happen just for a a few seconds but now it happens all the time while I'm driving and I have to pull over while the car continues to jerk and won't go forward like something is stopping it and then let's go and then stops it again over and over again. Almost like I'm driving a stick shift and don't know how. What is the problem and what do I do?
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
As I have been reading it might be my abs system locking up or the wheel sensor ???? Sound right???
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The stability control monitors throttle position, steering wheel rotation, vehicle speed, and wheel speed sensors. When it sees a collection of bad info it thinks your losing control. So it tries to help get you back under control through various avenues. It can apply the brakes and it can tell the computer shut off the fuel injectors to reduce power. Your feeling the later one. Now in the event this were and actual event you would notice something odd but you would also notice it helping. In your case you are feeling it working to the extreme because its occurring when not needed. The system monitoring all those things mentioned prior is getting a bad reading. This could be as simple as a bad wheel speed sensor. To diagnose this so its fixed right. A scan tool is needed to see which codes are stored.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris