Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.

G6 convertible top boot cover broke, how do I remove it.

Customer Question

JA: What year is your Convertible?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: New part is unavailable, going to try to repair myself, but need to know what is involved in removal and replacement
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Don't think so
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually there will be some bolts/screws that need removed to remove these components for access to repair this.If you can post what part(s) exactly that you are trying to repair or remove this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete