Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Electric seat fuse is hot to touch... yes and don't find an

Customer Question

electric seat fuse is hot to touch...
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?
Customer: yes and don't find an answer in it...
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 2001 montana
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well am hoping it is something my husband can fix...he checked the slot where the fuse goes in last night and it is hot with 12 volts...with the key off...
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: seats aren't moving with the fuse in...but fuse is not blown...
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
would like a wiring diagram of where to find the ground points so we can check all the grounds for good conection...
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

Just so Im clear you saying the fuse is hot with power and yet your seat will not move?

Tell me which seat you are working on and I get you a wiring diagram for it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
both seats are not working...
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is hot with power and hot to touch...husband took the fuse out in case there is a problem...
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Okay thank you for that. I have enclosed the wiring diagram for the seats and if the fuse is hot that usually means the connection to it is not tight which will cause it to heat. Have your husband have a look at the wiring diagram and start with checking to see if you have power from the fuse to the switches on the orange wires at both switches. If you do not then have him check the connection coming out of the fuse box to make sure its not loose. See the diagram in the link below. Post back if you have more questions and or need more help.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Power%20seat%20circuit%20Aug%209.pdf