david craig
david craig,
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

My Pontiac is a G6 2007 4 cylinder and I am having trouble

Customer Question

My Pontiac is a G6 2007 4 cylinder and I am having trouble with the car starting. The there is a wire that I have to touch to the battery after I have placed turned the ignition switch in the on position to start it. But this morning that would not even start it. But the battery is working fine.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: I cleaned all of the corrosion from the battery and the connectors using a toothbrush baking soda and water.
JA: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I had a family member repairing it. Yesterday we found out that touching the exposed wire to the battery would get it to start but so far we have not been able to figure out why you have to start it that way and why now it is not starting by just touching the wire to the battery.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I recently bought the vehicle so I don't have any history on it. It works good it just this starting problem.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  david craig replied 4 months ago.

Hi Im David, sorry for your issues. this "wire" you are talking about, is it a heavy gauge wire or a small wire and what color is it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The wire starts out black and there is exposed wire then it turns green. The exposed part of the wire is the part I touch to the battery after I have turned the ignition switch in the on position to get it to start but now, that won't start it either.

Can you take a pic of it for me?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am at work. It will be this evening before I can take a picture and send it to you. I paid the $18 fee for this service so I have to pay another $26. I will have to let you know. Thanks

you dont have to pay anything else. i will keep this open

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The green black wire is attached to a relay switch. I will send a picture later

ok.

any update? pic?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I apologize I was able to get the problem fixed. It was a loose wire going to the starter

thats excellent. im glad you got it!!! could you rate my service? its the only way i get credit for my help...even though it wasnt much..... wonder whats up with that one wire... hmmm

have a good day

please leave me a rating for my service so i can close this out. thanks and have a great day.

Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.