GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2004 Pontiac Grand Am V6 - I have an intermittent problem

Customer Question

2004 Pontiac Grand Am V6 - I have an intermittent problem with the ignition. I turn the key to the start position and occasionally, nothing happens. Usually, I just wait a few moments and try again and the car will usually start. Sometimes, I have to do this a few times. I had a passlock problem last summer that I had repaired on this car (car wouldn't start no matter what last summer). Security light is not on (or blinking). The problem is becoming more frequent in the last few months. If it's as simple as replacing the ignition cylinder, I'd do this in a heartbeat. If I have to deal with the passlock system again, I'd prefer not spending another $600 to get it repaired. Thoughts?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  kalamykid replied 2 months ago.

When this happens, do the dash lights go out when you have the key turned to the start position?