Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech/15 years ASE master
19513769

I was talking to you last nite about the security system on

Customer Question

Good morning this is Joshua I was talking to you last nite about the security system on my pontiac grand am. I had a quick question. When I'm trying to reset the security of turn my key on and wait for ten min. Then turn off for ten sec. Then repeat up to three times. Is that rite? After my third time do I turn the key all the off again or do I just try to start it after the ten min.? Also does that security light turn off after each ten minutes.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

the relearn is just 10 to 11 minutes

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
  5. The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.

IMPORTANT:

The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer