Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Got a 96 pontiac grand am and it wont crank past the first

Customer Question

got a 96 pontiac grand am and it wont crank past the first compression stroke. it started running rough the other day so went to store to get plugs and anilyzed per codes, (engine light was on). Tried to start it and wouldnt start. compression test showed 160-130-175-175.took all plugs out it cranks fine, put any one plug back in and it wont crank. Though it might be a weak starter, replaced it, same thing. Any ideas?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.

If you remove the belt will it then crank with the plugs installed?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris