Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Twice now my car has completely shut down while i have been

Customer Question

twice now my car has completely shut down while i have been driving it . I took it 2 different car repair shops and they ran diagnostics and it came up clean NO CODES OR PROBLEMS THAT THEY COULD FINE.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 2006 montana
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I taken it to 2 repair shops to get fixed and they told me they can't find anything wrong with it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It was in a front end accident last year .
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Once it stalls will it restart easily?

Does it stall while accelerating, coasting, braking, or stopped?

Does it run odd just prior?

An intermittent issue like this is going to be tough to diagnose since there are so many possible causes like:

• bad ignition contacts
  • burnt contacts in relays
  • loose connectors to modules and sensors
  • faulty cam or crank sensor
  • bad ground connections

In some cases you have to wait till it gets bad enough where as it then stores a code or gets to the point it will not start. Although that is not the preferred choice, it sometimes is better than just spending money parts guessing.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris