Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care

How are you today. I have problems. On my car is a 1995

Customer Question

Hi how are you today. I have problems. On my car is a 1995 pontiac. Trans sport. 3800L some times when I shot off the engine and try to start back on wont start and I desconnect the harnes connecting to ignition , crankshaft. Camshaft position sensor and connecting. Back on. And the car start back on like. Nothing. Happen. What could. Be the problem thanks. If somebody. Can help me
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, Is the check engine light or service engine soon light on?

Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you

It sounds like this is a problem you will need to take to a qualified technician...There is a procedure that can only be done with a factory-level scan tool (such as a snap on modis) that will "relearn" the crankshaft and camshaft position sensors. This engine has two crankshaft sensors that operate at two different speeds and if by disconnecting the sensors and plugging them back in you can get the car running again, it suggests to me that they may need to be relearned. At my shop, we charge around $60 for this service and it sounds like it would be well worth the money in your case. This procedure can also tell you if you may need a crankshaft sensor, which your problem suggests that you might. I hope this helps and good luck!

Hi, this is Josh checking in to see if you still needed help with this problem.

I want to remind you to please leave a positive rating if you are pleased with my service, this is the only way we are graded as experts.