Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.

How to check and change a reluctor ring on a 2000 pont.

Customer Question

how to check and change a reluctor ring on a 2000 pont. firebird with a 5.7 ls1 moter
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The reluctor ring is usually located on the crank shaft pulley itself or behind or in front of it and the timing cover usually needs removed to access and replace it as needed.If you are already this far but need to know how it is replaced let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete