Edgar
Edgar, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  22 years General Motors Technician, ASE Master Tech certified
71268010

I have the same problem with my daughter's 2004 Aztek. It

Customer Question

I have the same problem with my daughter's 2004 Aztek. It gets stuck in park every time it's put in park. We've been driving it with the cup holder/console off and pull out on that white disk that releases the lock. But how do I fix this permanently? What parts do I need and what do I need to do to install them?
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Anyone there?
Expert:  Edgar replied 4 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today, to get the problem fix on your vehicle you need to replace the shifter control in the center console, is the whole shift control assembly
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have to replace the whole shift control assembly, not just the solenoid?
Expert:  Edgar replied 4 months ago.
The solenoid is part of the shift control assembly it doesn't come separate, before you replace it make sure the fuse that is named BTSI in the fuse block that is under the hood is good also test the circuit by connecting a test lamp between the dark green/white wire and the tan/white wire in the solenoid connector, the test lamp should come on if the circuit is good.