GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have a 2006 Grand Prix GXP 8 cyl. 5.3 l. I was driving and

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Grand Prix GXP 8 cyl. 5.3 l. I was driving and stopped to pay a toll then the car would not move. The engine was still running but I could not go forwards or backwards. No warning lights were on the dash and no warning of anything going wrong as I drove the car till now.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Unfortunately is sounds like your transmission has failed providing the fluid level is full . In order to determine if the problem is an internal concern or an electronic control issue the first thing you will need to do is to have the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will help you from there.