Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

Sun roof wont close on vibe stuck open, 2004, tried no luck

Customer Question

sun roof wont close on vibe stuck open
JA: What year is your Vibe?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried no luck
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

You could try to jump the switch with a jumper wire to get it closed. If the switch is the problem it will close. If not, then you will need to check all fuses. A blown fuse could also cause this. If your fuses are ok and you have a good switch. Then the sunroof motor could be bad. You would need a test light or volt meter to check for power at the connector for the motor. If all these check out ok, then you will need to check the wiring harness for continuity, as you could have a broken wire somewhere in the wiring harness.

Please reply to this if you need more help, then we can continue this conversation. If not, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

Posts close in 7 days. That means you will not be able to contact me on this question.

You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan