rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2008 G 5 was having a key problem .The dealer installed a

Customer Question

2008 G 5 was having a key problem .The dealer installed a new key because of recall .A month later my grandsons father jumped on his hood and the car quite running: it will not turn over. new battery what can I replace to get car started? RD
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: yes ,every thing else comes on
JA: What is the model of your '08 Pontiac?
Customer: GT
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes ,dealer think it is a security lockout
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though, please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger. This is a great site, but it doesn’t replace a shop or necessary tools.

Okay, I attached a doc for you to look at for your security system. Hope it helps you.

Thanks, Ron