rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 02 Pontiac it won't start cranks but no start, we

Customer Question

I have a 02 Pontiac it won't start cranks but no start, we have good fuel pressure good compression put carb cleaner in it it will start runs great when started. No codes security system light doesn't come on when it does run. We don't know what else to do? Can someone help please and thank u
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though, please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger. This is a great site, but it doesn’t replace a shop or necessary tools.

Check fuel injector pulsing with a noid light. If the security system is not the problem nor the pump or crank sensor, then the computer may be at fault. this can all be tested with a scan tool.

Thanks, Ron

Thanks, Ron