Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Sunroof opens start to close then sticks opens back up but

Customer Question

Sunroof opens start to close then sticks opens back up but goes to the same place will not close all the way
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Yes everything is okay it has power to the sunroof to Berryessa up two batteries let me see if it works opening starts to close then sticks I open the backup process again and then it does the same thing goes halfway and won't close all the way
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 2006 G6 two door Pontiac
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I just want to close it I just want to get it clothes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing you need to try to see if the roof will close is to perform the system reset. I have enclosed the reset procedure in the link below. Give this a try and post back with the results and we can work from there if need bel

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/sun%20roof%20reset%20Jul%2016.pdf