Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

85 Pontiac Fiero, 6 cyl., 2.8, standard. Instrument cluster

Customer Question

85 Pontiac Fiero, 6 cyl., 2.8, standard. Instrument cluster lights not working except for the battery, e-brake lights and directionals. I have another PCB. It's a duplicate of the original. I install it. Same thing except now when I hit the horn it doesn't work and the courtesy lights come on instead. What's going on?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.

Inspect the wiring and connections at and leading to the PCB and see if there are any issues needing repaired.If this is checked and found o.k. let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The car is now in the shop;. I'm waiting to find out exactly what the problem is. If it turns out that your info. is correct, I'll go ahead and complete our transaction. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The shop did not work on the problem. So, I don't know what it is. I already checked the connections before contacting Just Answer. I did not find any issues. I do not wish to pursue this problem any longer. Thank you.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Are you saying you do not want to continue here any further?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Pete. I do want to stop here. You did not tell me anything I didn't already know. Thank you for your efforts.