FIXITMAN, Mater Technician

Had a new key made 07 G6 Pontiac no it won't it'll

Customer Question

Had a new key made for an 07 G6 Pontiac no it won't it'll start for one second quick something to do with the theft system what should I do
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 3 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** new key must be programmed to your car. You can try the manual reset, but most of the time it needs to be done with a computer scan tool. To do it manually turn the key on to the run position without cranking the engine and leave it there for 10 minutes. Then turn the key off without removing it and back to run for 10 more minutes. Repeat this for a third time. After turning the key off the third time try starting it. If the problem persists then the computer will need to be programmed with the proper scan tool.