GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (without hud). Upper dash trim

Customer Question

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (without hud). Upper dash trim panel cracked. How do I remove that upper dash trim panel so I can replace it?
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: I just noticed it this afternoon. I bought this car new in Oct. 2004 and am the only owner. Car has 82,000 miles and is in otherwise absolutely perfect condition, which is why this bothers me. Car is only driven two weeks per month, garaged every night, and covered at my office, weather permitting.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I'm mechanically capable, but I don't start ripping things apart. Haven't tried anything yet.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Can't think of anything else. I suspect the part un-snaps and comes out, but want to know for sure.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 4 months ago.

can you upload a picture

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I believe so.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 4 months ago.

if you could that will be great

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry, I misunderstood your question. Can't upload a pic. The panel is the upper dash trim panel closest to the windsheild that runs fro driver side to passenger side. It houses the defroster vent and the two sensors. I've seen a pic of the part and it looks like it would un-snap and come out??