rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

How do I manually lower seat in a grand am when the motor is

Customer Question

how do I manually lower seat in a grand am when the motor is dead and I don't want to replace it. I just want to lower the seat
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though, please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

You need to disconnect the motor/main drive from the seat itself, then it should move for you. The motor shaft is what causes you to have to take out the motor.

Thanks, Ron