Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I 2000 Pontiac Bonneville that stalls intermittently, has

Customer Question

I 2000 Pontiac Bonneville that stalls intermittently, has new maf, map, ignition module, and crank sensor. All grounds have been checked and cleaned, known good pcm installed. 18x signal from crank sensor wont read over 1680 rpm, not sure if this is part of the problem or not, 3x signal reads correctly.
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: cruising speeds, acts light ignition is switched off, also has new ignition switch. it does not restart right away. when it wont restart I have no readings from crank sensor or maf
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am a repair shop. i just listed what we have done so far
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
also no signal to power to fuel pump relay when key is switched to on or crank
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I am wrapping up the end of my shift. Sorry I nor any others got to you sooner. I believe I can help on this concern mid day on the 11th if help is still needed.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help. Have you checked for a damaged crank sensor tone ring?
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris