Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Pontiac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Pontiac Diagnostics
18617752

How do you add water, to make sure the water pump has

Customer Question

How do you add water, to make sure the water pump has enough, to a 2002 grand am
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hi Shelley! Good afternoon! Does your vehicle have the 4-cylinder or 6-cylinder engine?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think a 4
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.

Great! Thanks!

Ok. The way the cooling system is set-up on this vehicle, coolant is added to the coolant reservoir, and the system will take when it needs as it needs it. The reservoir is located under the hood, on the passenger's side fender (click here for an image location view:https://www.dropbox.com/s/v97lwl3tssheqv4/ga-coolant.jpg?dl=0 ). On the side of the reservoir will be a marking letting you know where "full" is. Fill it to this line and the system will distribute it as needed. If the level is low, and then is low again after filling, this is the sign of a leak. The system will need to be pressure tested in order to find the source of the leak. If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hi Shelley! I noticed this thread was still open and wanted to check-i n and see how you made out? Were there any other questions you had on this issue? Any other info I can porovide for you? If you have no further questions, please take a second to use the "stars" at the top of the page and leave a rating for our Q&A!