rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have an 88 firebird formula Its getting too much gas to

Customer Question

I have an 88 firebird formula Its getting too much gas to the throttle body...I changed the fuel pump and the injectors now I have gas flow ...I'll turn the key it will crank for a second then cut back off because of too much gas goin in the throttle body I think
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

So we don't go in the wrong direction here, please check the fuel pressure with a gauge. The only thing that will give you too much fuel is a bad regulator, but even then, it will still run.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can u call me(###) ###-####
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

You have to request a call through JA and it costs extra.