Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

My son turned off my 2006 torrent but not in the correct

Customer Question

my son turned off my 2006 torrent but not in the correct position. Now the key wont turn at all. There has been no problems recently and we put in a new cyclinder a couple of years ago.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: its in Park... appear steering is locked
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yeah there was no lead up to this and just an accident
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Make sure the shifter is fully in park. Is the battery dead? Try disconnecting the battery cables and holding them together for 30 seconds. Make sure they are not touching the battery. Then reconnect. Try to remove the key.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please rate at the top of the screen. We can continue to work on your question, rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan