vertial technician
vertial technician, A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  over 15 years repairing both import and domestic automobiles

I have a 2008 Pontiac vibe. The fan does not work in the low

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Pontiac vibe. The fan does not work in the low and medium range, but works in the high range...I suspect that a fuse is out.
JA: Have you checked the fuse number? Does the fuse have the correct amperage for the circuit it's in?
Customer: there a fuse for the lower ranges of the dfan?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have done nothing...I am trying to figure out if there is a specific fuse that controls the fan function.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  vertial technician replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So the problem is actually your blower motor resistor. It's bad. It will cause the exact problem you are describing.Replace it and you will be good to go.Thanks
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Did my advice help? If so would you leaving a positive rating for me?
But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.Thanks