GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have a Pontiac Montana 03 and replaced the starter. The

Customer Question

I have a Pontiac Montana 03 and replaced the starter. The starter is in place and seemed to accidentally misplaced the wires bc when I hooked the negative battery terminal up it sparked and made a funny noise. I have a total of 5 wires. Purple is good and goes in middle. I think the bottom one is black and the top 3 go pink first, then brown, then black. The bottom black (I think) has this flat part with a little point sticking out. Does it have to be s certain way? Any way you can tell me where these 5 wires go just to be sure. Thank you. If by chance you can call please do.(###) ###-#### *****
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

you only removed the wires of the starter solenoid correct ?

and you have a total of 5 wires and one should have a small eyelet on it and the others should have a big eyelet on them is that correct ?

Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

how are you making out ?