Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

Won't start security lock light is on, No 2008, G6, Yes 't

Customer Question

Won't start security lock light is on
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: No 2008
JA: What is the model of your '08 Pontiac?
Customer: G6
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes don't know what to do
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No oh yeah,error shows up on dash
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

Ok, we need to do the security relearn procedure

30minute GM relearn procedure:

1-TurnON the ignition,with the engine OFF.

2-Attemptto start the engine,then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).

3-Observe the SECURITY telltale(this is the security light), after approximately 10minutes the telltale will turn OFF.

4-Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .

5-Repeat steps 1through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes(the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor DataCode and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK). IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM)Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6-Start the engine(the vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password).

Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.