Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech

2002 grand am, no injector pulse. Spark is good, fuel 58psi

Customer Question

2002 grand am, no injector pulse. Spark is good, fuel 58psi no security light
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: security light does not stay on after cranking
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: fix it myself.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: ran fine, would not start after shut down. came back 30 minutes later and started and ran fine. got home, won't restart again.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you sure you have no injector pulse then can you connect your scan tool to the system and scan it to see if there are any fault codes setting which there should be in most cases if you have lost injector pulse. Post back with the results and we can work from there to determine the cause.