rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My 08 g6 with the 3.5 will crank and not start on first try

Customer Question

My 08 g6 with the 3.5 will crank and not start on first try reset key and try again and it starts what could be the problem, fuel pressure is 60 psi
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

It sounds like you're having to prime the fuel rail by what you're doing. This can be caused by a bad fuel pump check valve, or leaky injectors. That pressure is going away at one of those 2 point.

Thanks, Ron