sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I need 2 unlock my radio, It powers up but says code 1 2 and

Customer Question

I need 2 unlock my radio
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: It powers up but says code 1 2 and 3
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 04 pontiac gto
JA: What year is your Pontiac?
Customer: I own the car and have the title and information
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Disconnected the battery turned the key on and reconnected it it started asking for different codes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I need unlock codes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle and radio ownership is verified in person to release a radio code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. Due to the length of time your question has been up without a response I believe that either no experts currently on the site have access to obtain the code or noone feels comfortable posting it here.

There are two things you can do. You can try to see if they're able to obtain the code. The other option would be to see your dealer with the VIN and proof of ownership and they'll be able to give it to you.