Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

1995 trans sport stops starting after being used few hours.

Customer Question

1995 trans sport stops starting after being used for a few hours . if parked and used for very short time starts fine. After being used for a longer period , simply wont start for up to a week . engine doesn't turn , have enough battery charge, even tried boosting but no luck. simply have to wait till it decides to want to start again. starter changed same issue.
Told can be fused wire that connect to starter if that makes any sense.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine why the engine will not crank we are going to need to do some testing while the problem is occurring. Take a 12 volt test light and or a volt meter and at the starter check and see if you have battery voltage on the Purple crank wire as well as the larger battery cable wire while having a helper hold the key in the crank position. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there. See the wiring diagram in the link below for testing reference as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/No%20crank%20Jul%202.pdf