sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

The little black box under dash under steering wheel was

Customer Question

The little black box under dash under steering wheel was stoled from my car now my car 2004 sunfire won't run an to get it home they broke out my ignition an some how pypast electrical system an car started , but no electrical systom at all , got it home an the ignition fuse in engine fuse box had to be removed for car to shut off , how do I bypass the theft deterrent system all together so the car will run
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

Ok, I need the last 8 of the vin number to pull the schematics

I also need to know if your original key had a little metal pellet in it at the top part of the key, and if so, do you still have that key

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My ( vin ) # 47358806 , yes it did have one but its also has bin broken , but I have no key ignition in my steringwheel any more , an no money to replace it , it was broke out to get car home , they turns it on with a screwdriver ,
Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

Ok, I will have to opt out. The only way I know is to get the resistance reading off the original key and install a resistor of same reading inline in the wiring. If another expert knows another way, they will post here for you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your help Eric an can I SK you one more think , is there a way to locate my little black box by turning on a location finder , like if my car was stolen ?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK I have not herd from any one since this messed
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It looks like just your last question wasn't answered.

No, there isn't any kind of GPS locating device that could be used to locate parts if they are stolen.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That black box , could it of bin my computer box ?? An if so van I by pass that to get var started an working right ??

I don't have a way of knowing for sure what the part was but you seem to be describing an immobilizer, security or alarm module.

I couldn't give a way to disable any security features due to ethical and liability concerns.