sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2009 pontiac g6 the speakers keep cutting in and out someone

Customer Question

2009 pontiac g6 the speakers keep cutting in and out someone told me it could be just a lose connection in the factory amp in the trunk but i cant seem to find the amp i dont think mine has an amp please help
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

Is your G6 a convertible or regular G6 as it makes a difference on amp location if equipped

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Regular g6 sedan
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

Ok, the amp is located in the trunk on the passenger sidewall behind the trim panel. If you have removed the interior trim panel on the right hand side and it is not there, then yours did not come with an amp. This would mean that the issue is in the audio unit - broken circuit board, internal short, broken solder.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
then best option would be to just replace factory unit?
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

Yes, that is actually the most economical option. The only other choice is to have it sent out for repair, but that normally costs as much as a new unit, plus your vehicle is out of service for the 10 days it takes to send it out and get it back from repair as part of the antitheft/immobilizer goes thru the audio system

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Changed out thé factory deck and still have the same issue
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

And you pulled the rear trim panel inside the trunk and there is no amp, correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
there is no amp
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

Ok, let me pull the schematics to see what else could cause all the speakers to cut out as the only thing I know are the audio unit and amp if equipped

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

In the rear fuse box is there a fuse in the number 13 location?