GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My stepson curbed the front left undercarriage of s 09 G^,

Customer Question

My stepson curbed the front left undercarriage of his 09 G^, breaking the cast aluminum piece and bending lots of stuff. I bought an 05 G^ for a parts car and transferred all of the necessary parts from the 05 to the 09. Everything looks the same about the CV joints, but I cannot get the inner boot to slide over the transmission piece (don't know what it is called). Is there a technique or tool for this, or are the boots just not the same?
JA: Do you have a manual or an automatic transmission? When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: auto
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 09
JA: What year is your Pontiac?
Customer: moving parts from an 05 to an 09.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have everything together and all moves correctly. Just can't get the inner boot over the transmission output shaft.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No. Pretty straightforward.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, if you can upload a picture of what you are talking about i can advise, that way we can be on the same page. thanks! also if you dont know how to upload pictures let me know and ill make a file you can drop pictures in.