sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

First and foremost...IS UR SERVICE COMPLETELY AND

Customer Question

first and foremost...IS UR SERVICE COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY...IF NOT PLZ LET ME KNOW NOW AND DISCONNECT OUR CHAT TYVM...IF IT IS FREE....MY SON'S 2000 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE SSEI the DRIVERS SIDE CONTROLS WORK FINE FOR WINDOW DOOR AND SECURITY FOB AND KEY...but the pannenger side window and door lock do not work at all....and he has to use the key to unlock the door....on that side and the windows and doors in the back do not work on either side....what could be the cause or causes of the problem or problems...and is this site for free AGAIN PLZ???
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
all the questions remain the SAME ...and i have more QUESTIONS if i can ASK for the $27 that i paid?? and also how do i discontinue my membership at the end of the free trial and the first month i paid for AUTOMATICALLY or do i have to call u back and if so what number do i dial plz??
also is some one HERE NOW PLZ??
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

Ok, I need to get the last 8 of the vin number number to pull the schematics to see where the problem most likely is.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK I AM DOING A JUST ANSWER SURVEY ON FONE THEN I WILL GET IT OK??
ok Mr Eric...i will go get the vin number it is out back i have to be gone for a bit...and also while you are waiting there are three other concerbs u gave abiyt nt Sibs car,,,first the transmission went out after he bought it used after not too many miles and the dealer did not do any thing about it...and also we told him that we noticed that the stability and tire pressure warnings were flaching up on th dash and he said he would not fix it for free the car was as is and my Son would have to pay to put it on a scope and also pay for the repairs...this dumass dealer was a and is a manager at the local car lot...what can we do..do u know?? if this coslts more money i dont have it so just answer the highest priority questions first and then let me know befoe there would be additional charges tyvm SIR...Be right back ok ty for your patience
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok ty again for waiting on me ...the vin number is...... 1G2HZ5418Y4259157
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

Ok, unfortunately if your son is 18 or older and he purchased it AS IS, which is what it would be unless there is something in the purchase agreement stating it has warranty, then your son has no recourse on this.

If the transmission is out as of this moment, that is your biggest concern and I need to know if it moves at all in gear, or is it shifting harshly, not shifting at all, slipping, etc.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
THE TRANSMISSION WAS OUT MY SON HAD IT FIXED...I MUST HAVE MIXED YOU UP...IT IS NOT OUT NOW HE GOT IT REPAIRED
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

Ok, what about the stability control warning light and tire pressure warning lights - are they still on?

Have you or your son verified that the tires have 32-35psi air pressure?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i have been told alot of times in my life that i say TMI or put out TMI at the same time
i just wanted to tell u the total history of the car since my Son has owned it...sorri again if i confused you Sir...but the other conditions and questions were the way it was when my SON BOUGHT THE CAR..hope that clears things up for US Sir!!
ALSO i have to go to the bathroom now i am on water pills and i need a smoke be back in about five mins or so Sir...OK??
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

That will be fine as it will take about 10 minutes for me to go thru the wiring schematics to see where the likely issue is on the door windows and locks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK TY FOR UR PATIENCE I AM NOW BACK AT MY DESK WITH YOU MR ERIC!!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i dont have any more money...yes it prob would be easier to talk on fone but i dont have funds available for that and besides sir i can print out ur answers and take it out to his car and do what u tell me by you working with me ONLINE HERE PLEASE!!
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

Ok, the phone call offer is an automatic popup offering that you can ignore.

Unfortunately I do not have the wiring schematics for your vehicle. I do know that there is a fuse and relay box underneath the rear seat, so if there was water there, you will want to disconnect the battery and unbolt the fusebox underneath the rear seat and check it for corrosion or water intrusion and clean the corrosion if found and dry out the box if wet.

I will opt out and see if another expert can help more with with wiring schematics to be able to walk you thru any testing needed

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok ty Sir for ur help
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have multiple issues going on since you have issues on multiple doors. The most likely causes for a loss of all functions on a door would be a broken wire in the boot between the door and body, but it sounds as if the car was purchased this way. In that case you don't know whether not not all problems started at exactly the same time.

Has any electrical testing been done at the doors?