George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

Where can I get a cabin air filter 1998 grand prix I can not

Customer Question

where can I get a cabin air filter for a 1998 grand prix I can not find this part for this model and year
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  George H. replied 5 months ago.

Your '98 does not come equipped with a cabin filter. Have you looked to see if there is a place to put it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I did not. I had looked at a site that showed photos on how to change a grand prix filter stating that it was under the hood on the passenger side. However on looking at the site I see that it does not specify a year. I guess I was hoping to find an easy fix for why the car that I just got from an owner who had just had the a/c repaired does not work right. Passenger side is great air blows well temp is good. However temp steps down vent be vent going towards driver from cold to cool to tepid and blowing air also changes such that by the time it comes to the last vent it just wafts out. I had read online that a dirty filter could significantly impede air flow and that changing it could make a noticeable difference.

On some of the Cadillacs and Buicks they had the facility to pull the panel off the intake to the system and slip in a filter but yours is not made that way. Take a look but that will explain why you cannot find a filter for your vehicle.

Usually uneven cooling indicates the system is low on refrigerant. Sounds like they missed a leak when the system was serviced.

Please let me know if you have further questions

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you very much for your help. It was greatly appreciated.

I am always glad to help. Let me know if you have further questions, if you do not please complete the rating

Thank you