rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2002 bonneville. Runs.stall.wont crank just click. I radical

Customer Question

2002 bonneville. Runs.stall.wont crank just click. I radical behavior. Changed crank sensor and mass air flow. ICS board tested fine. Battery and connectors good?
JA: Have you tested the battery? Is the battery fluid low?
Customer: Battery is good
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed crank sensor and mass air flow
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Had ICS tested and was fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

If all the connections are indeed good and so is the battery, then the starter is bad.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But randomly stalls and gages flutter and when does turn over starter works fine? Seems electrical thought crank sensor would fix problem?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

No, but we have to start somewhere.

It sound like you need a scan tool attached to the computer system to check all the data from all the nodes.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.