Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

2003 Pontiac Sunfire. My son just got s license yesterday.

Customer Question

2003 Pontiac Sunfire. My son just got his license yesterday. Took the car to eat today. Said when he killed it that key would not come out. Said he started the car and killed it again that key came out fine. After eating could not get key to turn. Had to have it towed home. Tried and tried wiggling steering wheel, shifter, key etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Providing the shiftier is going complete into park then the common cause is usually a failing ignition lock but before you replace any thing take a look at the test steps in the link below to check this. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Ignition%20lock%20Jun%2026.pdf